Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Day One Million

So it's the day after the Day of Love. I still haven't heard back from five schools. Son is complaining of his feet hurting (which is either growing pains or who knows). A test rapidly approaches in Econ History, and while I love the class, am I ready for the exam? Not even a little bit.

Work sucked, again. Much as I hate showing up every day, since it is the only income I've got right now, perhaps just grinning & bearing is in order? Oh yes, yes it is. FYI, I am "just a student worker" in my university's admissions office. That means, I have to answer the phones and emails, and any time I overstep my bounds and actually attempt to help someone, I get hosed. And they wonder why attitude becomes an issue with students working on campus!

I've applied to eight law schools; top two choices rejected, which at the time stung like hell, but in retro, I've decided I appreciate their prompt attention. One low-tier school accepted and YAY I am thrilled to know I am actually Going To Law School Somewhere, but I would much rather hear from another option. I think the mail lady is now convinced I'm stalking her.

As I suppose I should perhaps study for a mo' or two, I shall end this now with the following thought:
"Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." Best bumper sticker ever.
Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home